Given the name of the publication, we figured Edibles Magazine would have a pretty good idea of what makes for a great edible recipe. These brownies were the most potent we included in our search for the best cannabis-infused brownie – with cannabutter added to the brownie batter, the frosting, and the chocolate swirl topping, they pack a serious punch. We suggest that beginners steer clear of this recipe, and that seasoned consumers remember to dose carefully!
Edibles Magazine’s 420 Irish Brownies
Yield: One 9” x 13” pan.
4 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 C cannabutter, softened
2 C white sugar
2 ½ tsp vanilla extract
1 C all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9” × 13” baking dish.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate in a cup or small bowl in the microwave. Stir at 15 second intervals until chocolate is smooth. Allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in the cannabutter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Stir in the flour just until blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish and spread evenly. Bake in the preheated oven until the surface appears dry and the sides are beginning to pull away from the edges of the pan, 20 to 25 minutes. The brownies may look more like cake and may jiggle slightly in the center – this is normal. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan set over a wire rack.
½ C cannabutter, softened
4 C confectioners’ sugar
2 Tbsp milk, or as needed
1 ½ tsp peppermint extract
6 drops green food coloring
- To make the middle layer, beat cannabutter with confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Add milk as needed to get a spreadable consistency.
- Stir in the peppermint extract and green food coloring.
- Spread this over the cooled pan of brownies.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6 Tbsp cannabutter
1 ⅓ C semisweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips with the cannabutter until melted. Stir every 20 seconds until chocolate is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla, then pour over the chilled brownies and quickly spread to cover the surface.
- Cool again until firm, about 10 minutes, then cut into squares and serve.
Source: Edibles Magazine
Note: The amount of cannabis butter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabutter and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Image Source: Sara Dilley