Recipe: How to Make Cannabis-Infused Gingerbread Cookies
Looking to spice up your baking this holiday season?
Victoria, British Columbia’s Cody Lindsay of The Wellness Soldier
shares his recipe for adults-only gingerbread cookies infused with cannabis. They’re delicious simply dusted with sugar or can be dressed up with icing.
What gives these cookies some extra kick is home-made cannabutter, so the dosage will depend on the potency of your ingredients as well as the individual serving size. If serving at a party, always be sure to label cannabis-infused foods to prevent accidental or unintended consumption, and be sure to store away from underaged eaters.
Cannabis-Infused Gingerbread Cookies
Start to finish: 90 minutes
Yield: 36 cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ginger, ground
- 1 3/4 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 tsp cloves, ground
- 6 Tbsp cannabutter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF.
- Prepare baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add molasses, vanilla, and lemon zest and continue to mix.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle flour over dough and rolling pin. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thick. Use additional flour to avoid sticking.
- Cut out cookies with desired cutter and space cookies approx. 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of cookies (or, once baked and cooled, decorate as you wish.)
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
Note: Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here
to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Check out The Wellness Soldier
for more recipes and to learn about the science behind cooking with cannabis.