, combines a holy trinity of qualities: it looks fancy, it’s super-fast, and it’s fuss-free. Enjoy!
Start to finish: 15 minutes
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced into ¼ inch slices (I like Baby Portabella)
- 3 teaspoons cannabis-infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Half clove of garlic
- A loaf of crusty bread, sliced
- 3 tablespoons non-infused olive oil, for sautéing
- Heat the non-infused olive oil in large frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Toss mushrooms into pan and sauté quickly, about a minute or two.
- Add the balsamic, then stir for another 30 seconds or so to let the balsamic thicken.
- Add thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the bread and rub each piece lightly with garlic. Drizzle infused olive oil over each slice of bread.
- Cover each slice of bread with the mushroom mixture and serve immediately.
Note: The amounts of cannabis cooking oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here
to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.