Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Strawberry and Coconut Milk Popsicles
There’s nothing better than a popsicle in the summ— Oh wait, yes there is. You could also have a cannabis-infused popsicle in the summer. I don’t know about you, but I’d take the latter any day.
These sweet hot-weather treats combine fresh strawberries and creamy coconut milk into an ice pop that’s at once fruity, tropical, and delicious to the last bite. They’re gorgeous, too—swirls of reddish-pink and pinkish-white combine to make something that looks almost too good to eat. (Almost.) Mix up a tincture
with the strain of your choice (may we recommend Strawberry Ice
?), get out those popsicle molds from the back of your cupboard, and put them to good use with the recipe below!
Note: Be sure to keep popsicles and all other cannabis-infused edibles well out of the way of curious kids.
Cannabis-Infused Strawberry and Coconut Milk Popsicles
Start to finish: 6 hours 30 minutes (active: 30 minutes)
Yields: 12 popsicles
Approximate dosage: 5mg per popsicle*
*Note: Potency may vary widely depending on your tincture.
- 2 ½ cups fresh strawberries
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 lime, halved
- 14-ounce can of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 60mg worth* of cannabis-infused tincture
- Hull the strawberries and add to a food processor bowl. Add two tablespoons of sugar and the juice of one half of the lime, and purée until smooth.
- In another bowl stir together the coconut milk, juice from the remaining lime half, remaining sugar, and vanilla extract. Add tincture to mixture and stir well until completely combined.
- Spoon half of the strawberry mixture into the bottom of 12 popsicle molds.
- Stir the coconut milk mixture and spoon over the strawberry layer in the molds. Be sure to add an equal amount of coconut milk to each popsicle to ensure even doses.
- Add the remaining strawberry mixture to fill each mold.
- Add popsicle mold lids and place sticks inside. Freeze for at least six hours before serving.
*Note: The amount of tincture specified in this recipe is a suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your tincture and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here
to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Lifestyle Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Avocado Toast
Lifestyle 3 Infused Margaritas You Must Make This Summer
Lifestyle Recipe: Cannabis-Infused Simple Syrup