Recipe: White Bean Soup With Parsley-Walnut Cannabis PestoBrett Konen
October 5, 2017
White Bean Soup with Parsley-Walnut Pesto
Start to finish: 30 minutes
Yields: 16 servings
Approximate dosage: 5mg per tablespoon of pesto*
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- Two 32-ounce cans (8 cups) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups of vegetable stock (chicken stock or water may be used, if preferred)
- 8 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- ¾ cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 80 milligrams’ worth of your favorite THC or CBD tincture
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrot. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions have turned translucent, around five to eight minutes. Keep the pot covered when not stirring.
- Add garlic and continue stirring. Cook for two minutes, paying close attention to keep the garlic from burning.
- Add thyme and sage. Continue cooking until vegetables are browned and beginning to crisp around the edges.
- Pour in the white wine and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with the liquid.
- Once the liquid has evaporated, add white beans and vegetable stock. Cover the pot and raise the heat to bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer soup until liquid has thickened slightly and beans are heated through.
- Remove soup from heat. Add Parmesan and stir until cheese has melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the walnuts, Parmesan, garlic, basil, and parsley in a food processor or blender. Process until finely chopped.
- Add cannabis tincture and process until thoroughly mixed.
- Continue to puree, adding the olive oil in a steady stream through the top opening until all oil has been incorporated.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with a tablespoonful of pesto. Enjoy with a piece of good, crusty bread.
This recipe was developed in partnership with Tilray
. Tilray and Leafly are both owned by Privateer Holdings.
*Note: The amount of cannabis tincture specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your tincture and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here
to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.