Recipe: How to Make Herbed Cucumber Avocado CannadipThe Stoner’s CookbookNovember 17, 2014
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and food is on our minds! This recipe from our friends at the Stoner’s Cookbook comes out of their latest production titled HERB, a crowdfunded cannabis cookbook looking to restore the plant’s rightful place in the kitchen. Be sure to show support by reserving your copy and helping to give this project legs!
This light and refreshing dip comes together easily and is the perfect replacement for ranch on your next veggie tray (make sure it’s a cannabis-friendly gathering!), or even tossed on your pasta or quinoa for a quick lunch. Bursting with nutrients, you can indulge in this creamy herb dip knowing you’re eating to your health!
Recipe for Herbed Cucumber Avocado Cannadip
This recipe is sugar-free, vegan, vegetarian, low-carb, and gluten-free.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Time in Kitchen: 20 minutes
Serves: 8 people
Cannabis extraction method used: Cannabis cooking oil
- 1 large cucumber (1 cup), peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2 tbsp packed fresh dill
- 1 large avocado (or 2 small), pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup silken tofu, organic
- 1/4 cup coconut cannabis cooking oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, blanched in boiling water for 45 seconds and shocked in an ice bath
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tbsp)
- 3/4 tsp course salt
- In a food processor, add the cucumber and process until almost smooth. Add the herbs, cannabis cooking oil, avocado, silken tofu, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, and salt.
- Process until smooth, stopping a few times to scrape down the sides. Season to taste with salt.
- Place in an airtight container and chill in fridge for at least 1 hour. Serve immediately.
Note: The amount of cannabis oil specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabis oil and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.