Recipe: How to Make a Goodship Cannabis-Infused Chocolate CheesecakeLeafly StaffJuly 31, 2016
We (sort of) taught you how to bake a cannabis-infused blueberry cheesecake, but if you’re looking for something more decadent, our friends at The Goodship have a drool-worthy recipe for you. Their chocolate cheesecake incorporates their infused chocolate bars for a delicious dose of baked bliss. Enjoy!
As much as you love to simply break open a Goodship package and pop that delicious treat into your mouth, you can’t forget that there’s always an opportunity to take your Goodship experience to an even higher altitude. We love cooking with Goodship products and are excited to share this recipe with you!
We’ve spent a lot of time figuring out the best way to integrate a high-quality cannabis extract into cookies, chocolates, as well as other confections you’re soon to see on the shelves of your favorites recreational marijuana retailers here in Washington. While the science of creating a perfectly dosed edible can be a fun challenge to take on, we’ve done all the work for you already! Using our accurately dosed products to cook or bake with ensures that you know exactly what a “serving” means when it’s time to hop on board The Goodship.
This recipe is designed to serve 12 people. When you slice your cheesecake into 12 even slices, you can be confident that each serving contains 10mg of THC, meaning you can easily climb directly to your preferred “cruising altitude” with confidence. All aboard!
Goodship Chocolate Cheesecake
Recipe written by Nicki Kerbs
Makes 12 servings (10mg of THC per serving)
- 24 chocolate wafer cookies (from one 9-ounce package)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3.7-ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped (shoot for 70%)
- 12 each or (6 oz) Goodship Deep Dark Chocolate Bars or Coffee and Dark Chocolate Bars for coffee flavor (your choice)*
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
*If you don’t live in Washington, substitute your favorite infused chocolate bars; just be sure to double-check the dosage. For reference, Goodship’s bars clock in at 10mg per half-ounce of chocolate.
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (shoot for 70%)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 3-inch-high sides.
- Blend cookies in food processor until finely ground; blend in sugar and cinnamon.
- Add melted butter and process until well blended.
- Press crumbs evenly onto bottom (not sides) of prepared pan.
- Bake just until set, about 5 minutes.
- Cool while preparing filling. Maintain oven temperature.
- Stir ALL chopped chocolate in metal bowl set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth.
- Remove bowl from over water; cool chocolate until lukewarm but still pourable.
- Blend cream cheese, salt, sugar, and cocoa powder in food processor until smooth.
- Blend in eggs one at a time.
- Mix in lukewarm chocolate.
- Pour filling over crust; smooth top.
- Bake until center is just set and just appears dry, about 1 hour.
- Cool 5 minutes. Run knife around sides of cake to loosen. Chill overnight.
For Topping (can be made three days ahead; simply cover with foil and keep refrigerated):
- Release pan sides. Transfer cheesecake to platter.
- Stir cream, 6 ounces chocolate, and sugar in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Pour over center of cheesecake, spreading directly to the edge and allowing topping to slowly drip down all sides of the cheesecake evenly.
- Chill until topping is set, about 1 hour.
This cheesecake lends very well to being enjoyed with coffee – obviously we have a thing for coffee and chocolate! The rich sweet flavors of the cheesecake complement a beautiful cup of coffee perfectly. Another added benefit: if you tend to feel a little slow moving when you enjoy cannabis, a small amount of caffeine can turn that around in a flash.
Coffee or not, you can expect to feel pretty amazing very quickly due to the non-psychotropic components in the cacao, cream, and cream cheese. Respectively, theobromine and tryptophan will play off each other to make you feel happy and slightly energized while sated and mellow. Within 45 minutes to an hour, you might find a big smile sneaking up on you, and you can expect to be smiling for around two hours.
DON’T drive or operate heavy machinery after enjoying this delicious dessert. DO connect with friends, enjoy your favorite music, create art, pick flowers, write a masterpiece…the sky’s the limit when you’re on board The Goodship!
Special thanks to Will Ritthaler, Nicki Kerbs, and Eileen Namanny from The Goodship!
Note: The best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.