Recipe: Single-Serve Strawberry Shortcake With Cannabis-Infused SugarHannah MeadowsAugust 8, 2017
Adapted from Klancy Miller’s Cooking Solo: The Fun of Cooking for Yourself, you’ll love the added perk of creating single-size servings to beat your cravings. Add a packet of cannabis sugar and you won’t have to wait for that special occasion—get elevated any time with this delightful recipe.
*Note: For multiple strawberry shortcakes, simply double, triple, or quadruple the ingredient amounts listed in this recipe.
Single-Serve Infused Strawberry Shortcake
Start to finish: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 strawberry shortcake
Approximate dosage: Each packet of Ruby Cannabis Sugar contains 10-mg THC
- 6 to 8 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 packet of Ruby Cannabis Sugar
- 1 four-inch ramekin
- 2 tbsp butter, melted, plus 1 tsp for the ramekin
- 1⁄4 cup and 1 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp whole milk
- 1⁄4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 tsp confectioners’ sugar
- In a small bowl, mix strawberry slices with Ruby Cannabis Sugar until evenly coated.
- Cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using 1 teaspoon of butter, grease the inside of a 4-inch ramekin. With 1 teaspoon of flour, rotate the ramekin to coat it evenly and shake out the excess.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white and brown sugar until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in remaining 1⁄4 cup flour and 2 tablespoons butter, milk, vanilla, and baking powder. Beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared ramekin, set on baking sheet, and place it in the oven. Bake for 24 to 26 minutes, until the cake is golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set it aside to cool completely—about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk cream until soft peaks form.
- Add confectioners’ sugar and whisk gently to combine. If desired, add more sugar to suit taste preferences.
- Remove cake from the ramekin and cut horizontally into two. Place one side of the cake on a dessert plate and top with half of the whipped cream and half of the strawberry slices. Stack the second side on top and layer it with the remaining whipped cream and strawberries. Serve immediately.
*Note: The amount of cannabis product suggested in each recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your products and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.