Get Ready for CBD Week
THC is the most famous molecule found in cannabis. It is the most abundant cannabinoid found in the plant, and it’s the key ingredient that gets you high. However, people are starting to talk more and more about another major cannabinoid, one that doesn’t get you high, but does have a lot of medicinal potential: cannabidiol, or CBD. In fact, “CBD” has become one of the most highly searched terms on Leafly, and there has been an explosion of research associated with this molecule in recent years (Figure 1).
But how does CBD actually work and why does it have so many potential medical applications? In a special series of articles, we’ll begin to explore these questions, focusing on CBD’s actions within the central nervous system and how they relate to its lack of psychoactivity and its potential for aiding the treatment of disorders of motivation, such as anxiety and addiction.
Here’s what we cover:
- CBD and the Brain: What Does It Do and What is It Good For?
- Why is CBD Not Intoxicating?
- How CBD Works for Treating Anxiety
- How Cannabis Could Turn the Opioid Epidemic Around
- The 10 Best CBD Cannabis Strains According to Leafly Users
- Fentanyl Maker Insys is Running CBD Clinical Trials