We’re always striving to improve your experience at the dispensaries listed on Leafly, which is why we’re excited to introduce beacons at select locations. Beacons allow dispensaries to provide superior customer service by delivering notifications to your phone highlighting deals and menu offerings as soon as you enter.
How Beacons Work
If you have the Leafly app on your phone, when you walk into select dispensaries, you may be greeted with a message from the dispensary you’re visiting and an invitation to open our app. You’ll be presented with up-to-date menus, pricings, and exclusive deals from our partners, ensuring you’re getting the most out of your dispensary visit in an efficient and fuss-free manner.
Customers will receive a prompt to open a location’s menu on the Leafly App if:
- They have Bluetooth enabled
- They have set Location Access to “Always”
We will be launching the Beacon pilot program on iOS devices, and will be following up with Android in the future.
How to Enable Beacon Notifications
If you want to ensure you’re getting our dispensary notifications, follow these steps:
- In the Leafly App, go to Settings and make sure app notifications are turned on
- Pull up your phone settings, choose the Leafly app, and make sure Location is set to “Always” and notifications are turned on
- Enable Bluetooth when you’re at the dispensary
How to Disable Beacon Notifications
If you’d like to opt-out from dispensary notifications, follow these steps:
- Open the Leafly app and click the upper left-hand navigation
- Click the settings wheel in the bottom right corner
- Under app notifications, toggle the button to “Off”
We hope you love the new Leafly Beacon experience!
If you have any questions or feedback, we'd love to hear from you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.