Leafly users are encouraged to leave reviews of strains, products, dispensaries, retail stores, and delivery locations to help others make informed decisions and determine which product or location is best for them. Take a look at our review policy to familiarize yourself with our guidelines on the type of reviews we allow.
Does Leafly allow dispensaries to remove reviews?
No. Dispensaries do not have the ability to remove reviews from their page. Users can flag reviews that they consider abusive or offensive and our moderators will take a look to determine if it violates Leafly’s Terms of Service. It is only in these situations that a review will be removed. Reviews are never removed simply because they are negative, and dispensaries cannot do anything to influence whether or not a review is pulled. Leafly reviews are purely user-generated and never paid for by dispensaries.
However, if we believe that a review violates our Terms of Service, Leafly reserves the right to remove reviews on a case-by-case basis. In the event of a review removal, the reviewer will be contacted. If the reviewer believes that his or her review is not in violation of Leafly’s Terms of Service, s/he may request an appeal within 3-5 business days. Depending on the nature of the review, it may be reinstated or removed completely.
If I notice a negative review, can I remove it?
No. We encourage our users to click the link to “Report Abuse” in order to flag negative reviews for moderation. Depending on the content of the review, we may remove it or reinstate it.
What constitutes the removal of a review?
The following reviews may be reviewed at Leafly moderators' discretion:
- Reviews that are not based on a personal experience at the location
- Plagiarized reviews
- Reviews that contain spam or advertisements
- Reviews that contain personally identifying information about employees or any other person (e.g., personal addresses, phone numbers, license plate numbers)
- Reviews that contain overly detailed or sexual descriptions of an individual’s physical appearance or lewd personal attacks against a specific individual or group of individuals
- Reviews that contain references to a competitor or location that's different from the one being reviewed
- Reviews that contain unrelated personal grievances
- Reviews that contain information that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortuous, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, or patently offensive.
If you have any questions or comments about Leafly's review policy, contact us at email@example.com.