96 points out of 100
Price: $30 / eighth-ounce; $170 / oz
Sure, Green Unicorn Farms advertises their Godfather OG CBD (a cross of Early Resin Berry and type-3 OG, from Big Dog Exotics and grown by MedMeridian) as an indica strain suited for mellow evenings and full brain turn-off time. Silly me to think that a CBD strain could have that kind of effect…boy, was I wrong.
Godfather OG packs a soothing and tranquilizing effect that’s as robust as its rich notes of sweet fruit and cake dough. It made me a bit giggly, too. The super frosty bud feels sticky to the touch, and proved delightfully dense. Lastly, I was particularly impressed by how long its effects persisted: much longer than most other CBD strains I’ve tried.
Never miss a rating: Subscribe to Leafly Newsletters, and download the Leafly App.
About our ratings
Leafly Ratings’ 100-Point Scale
- 95-100 Perfect: exemplary cannabis
- 90-94 Outstanding: a cannabis product of superior character and style
- 85-89 Very good: a weed with special qualities
- 80-84 Good: a solid, well-made weed
- 75-79 Mediocre: a smokeable weed that may have minor flaws
- 50-74 Not recommended
How we rate
Dried, cured, packaged, and sold buds, reviewed from bag in tastings, are given a single score. We focus on aroma, taste, effect, look, pedigree, cultivation method, and more.
Our editors focus on excellent, widely available ganja at a reasonable price. Special qualities include:
Top-shelf: It ain’t cheap, or necessarily plentiful, but it’s really good. Welcome to the top shelf.
Smart Buys: Fine, affordable, broadly available pot.
Leafly News cannabis ratings and ethics
Leafly News aims to retain and expand its expertise, authority, and trust.
Expertise is built through years of reviews, interviews with growers, visits to weed regions, and accumulated knowledge about cannabis horticulture, flavors, history, and culture. Leafly News’ editors and freelancers have a combined 50 years of experience with cannabis.
We aim to be accurate and independent, with policies including:
- Actual tastings—If we didn’t smoke it, we’re not reviewing it. At Leafly Ratings, all ratings come from multiple tastings.
- Independence—Leafly pays its experts for independent Ratings. We accept review samples with no promise of coverage. Leafly Ratings staff cannot accept bribes. We generally pay our own expenses and report on what the readers want to see.