91 points out of 100
Extremely powerful with a true cheese taste, Head Cheese hits instantly and brings an energetic high that affects both body and mind. The sativa-dominant hybrid cross of Headband and Cheese bred by Big Buddha Seeds tests at near 25% THC, and includes whopping myrcene levels near 25mg/g. Together, along with significant pinene and ocimene counts, Polaris’ Head Cheese creates a positive, chatty and cerebral buzz.
Perhaps most impressive is how the strain smokes: completely crackle-free with delicious hints of pine, lemon and cheese. Polaris dries its Head Cheese plants for seven days after harvest at 60–70ºF and 60–65% relative humidity. The customized drying process changes daily to award-winning master grower Tyler Cook’s liking.
Never miss a rating: Subscribe to Leafly Newsletters, and download the Leafly App.
About our ratings
Leafly Ratings’ 100-Point Scale
- 95-100 Perfect: exemplary cannabis
- 90-94 Outstanding: a cannabis product of superior character and style
- 85-89 Very good: a weed with special qualities
- 80-84 Good: a solid, well-made weed
- 75-79 Mediocre: a smokeable weed that may have minor flaws
- 50-74 Not recommended
How we rate
Dried, cured, packaged, and sold buds, reviewed from bag in tastings, are given a single score. We focus on aroma, taste, effect, look, pedigree, cultivation method, and more.
Our editors focus on excellent, widely available ganja at a reasonable price. Special qualities include:
Top-shelf: It ain’t cheap, or necessarily plentiful, but it’s really good. Welcome to the top shelf.
Smart Buys: Fine, affordable, broadly available pot.
Leafly News cannabis ratings and ethics
Leafly News aims to retain and expand its expertise, authority, and trust.
Expertise is built through years of reviews, interviews with growers, visits to weed regions, and accumulated knowledge about cannabis horticulture, flavors, history, and culture. Leafly News’ editors and freelancers have a combined 50 years of experience with cannabis.
We aim to be accurate and independent, with policies including:
- Actual tastings—If we didn’t smoke it, we’re not reviewing it. At Leafly Ratings, all ratings come from multiple tastings.
- Independence—Leafly expert reviewers are paid by Leafly and are independent. We accept review samples with no promise of coverage. Leafly rating staff cannot accept bribes. We generally pay our own expenses and report on what the readers want to see.