As the first state to legalize adult-use cannabis, Colorado gets a lot of cannabis tourists. Even people who come to Colorado for non-cannabis reasons usually stop at a dispensary or two.
But what should a tourist do if they want to hit a dispensary as soon as they get to Colorado, but are arriving on a late flight? No worries! We’ve put together a list of dispensaries that are open late near major Colorado airports and on the border. Explore Dispensaries Near You
It's 4:20 Somewhere
Explore Dispensaries Near You
First, an overview: According to Colorado law, all dispensary transactions must be completed by 11:59 p.m. Most areas require dispensaries to close even earlier. On top of that, most dispensaries close their doors to new customers 15 minutes early so they can help the customers who are already inside before they close. So be sure to show up at least 15 minutes before the stated closing time!
Now, let’s move on to the list.
In the city of Denver, dispensaries have to close their doors by 10 p.m. Luckily, there’s a loophole! Glendale and Edgewater are within Denver city limits but have different rules—their dispensaries can stay open until 11:59 p.m.! Here are a few you should check out:
- Kind Love in Glendale is open until 11:45 p.m. and is only 40 minutes from Denver International Airport (DIA). They have an excellent selection of premium products and have won multiple Leafly awards.
- Northern Lights Cannabis Company in Edgewater is open until 11:55 p.m. and is 45 minutes from DIA. They were the first legal dispensary in Denver.
- If you want to stay close to the airport, Native Roots Dispensary Tower is only a short 12-minute drive from DIA. It’s open until 10:00 p.m.
Want to stop at a dispensary before you hit the slopes? Check out these choices in Aspen:
- Native Roots Dispensary Aspen is only a 9-minute drive from Aspen Pitkin County Airport, and it’s open until 10:00 p.m.
- Silverpeak Apothecary grows its cannabis in a greenhouse and uses no pesticides on its crops. Although it’s only open until 7:00 p.m., at just 10 minutes from the airport, it’s worth checking out.
You can’t buy recreational cannabis within Colorado Springs city limits—only medical dispensaries are allowed. The closest place to buy recreational cannabis is Manitou Springs, around 15 minutes west of Colorado Springs on US-24. Here are a couple of our favorite dispensaries in Manitou Springs:
- Maggie’s Farm in Manitou Springs is the most natural option in the Colorado Springs area. This dispensary has been Clean Green Certified for 6 years. Open until 9:00 p.m., Maggie’s Farm is only 24 minutes west of the Colorado Springs Municipal Airport.
- Emerald Fields Manitou is a 22-minute drive from the Colorado airport. This upscale cannaboutique is open until 9:00 p.m.
If you’re flying into Grand Junction, it’s going to be a little difficult to find recreational cannabis. In 2010, voters in Mesa county prohibited all dispensaries. Luckily, the municipality of Palisade, east of Grand Junction, has a few.
- Elk Mountain Trading Post in De Beque has an extensive menu, with dozens of potent strains. Open until 10:00p.m., it’s only 33 minutes from the Grand Junction Regional Airport.
- Buds Ltd in Parachute is open until 11:00p.m. Thursday through Sunday and 10:00 p.m. Monday through Wednesday. A 45-minute drive from the Grand Junction airport, Buds Ltd provides its customers with a rotating menu of high-quality, potent concentrates and flowers.
Although Trinidad doesn’t have an airport, there’s no denying it’s a destination spot for cannabis tourism. Only 14 miles from New Mexico, 114 miles from Texas, and 130 miles from Oklahoma, it’s a popular destination for interstate car travelers. I recommend these dispensaries:
- Magnolia Road Cannabis Company in Trinidad has a huge selection of products. It’s open until 9:45p.m. every day.
- The flowers at Faragosi Farms in Trinidad are all organic, all the time. They’re open daily until 9:00p.m.
- According to the Spring 2018 Leafly List, Highland Health in Trinidad is one of the best dispensaries in Colorado. Although it’s only open until 8:45p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 6:45 p.m. on weeknights, it’s worth checking out if you get a chance.