94 points out of 100
Price: $60 / eighth
The TenCo, born in Los Angeles, California, flexes serious muscle in growing knowledge while breeding genetics sourced from around the world. Pink Zushi is one of its proprietary strains, alongside Yellow Zushi, Blue Zushi, and Nozu.
Its Pink Zushi is a masterpiece, and undoubtedly one of the most talked-about and sought-after strains on the consumer marketplace in the U.S. in 2023. The TenCo founders Staks and Gerry keep its genetic lineage a mystery.
The cultivar’s potent effect and jaw-dropping pink hairs have made it a favorite among the celebrity crowd of stoners in the brand’s hometown. Endorsements have come from Pete Davidson, Cole Bennet, Pi’erre Bourne, OVO 40, and more. The dry hit is complex, with notes of sweet garlic and umami—not far off from the satisfying, savory funk of sushi itself. Pink Zushi’s effervescent green and pink hues will drape your day in a euphoric and rhapsodic high. It’s a creative, energetic, spirited type of weed. This strain will gift smokers both the wildly unique terpene profile with hard-to-find aromas they crave, and the uplifting high to back it up.
Never miss a rating: Subscribe to Leafly Newsletters, and download the Leafly App.
About our ratings
Leafly Ratings’ 100-Point Scale
- 95-100 Perfect: exemplary cannabis
- 90-94 Outstanding: a cannabis product of superior character and style
- 85-89 Very good: a weed with special qualities
- 80-84 Good: a solid, well-made weed
- 75-79 Mediocre: a smokeable weed that may have minor flaws
- 50-74 Not recommended
How we rate
Dried, cured, packaged, and sold buds, reviewed from bag in tastings, are given a single score. We focus on aroma, taste, effect, look, pedigree, cultivation method, and more.
Our editors focus on excellent, widely available ganja at a reasonable price. Special qualities include:
Top-shelf: It ain’t cheap, or necessarily plentiful, but it’s really good. Welcome to the top shelf.
Smart Buys: Fine, affordable, broadly available pot.
Leafly News cannabis ratings and ethics
Leafly News aims to retain and expand its expertise, authority, and trust.
Expertise is built through years of reviews, interviews with growers, visits to weed regions, and accumulated knowledge about cannabis horticulture, flavors, history, and culture. Leafly News’ editors and freelancers have a combined 50 years of experience with cannabis.
We aim to be accurate and independent, with policies including:
- Actual tastings—If we didn’t smoke it, we’re not reviewing it. At Leafly Ratings, all ratings come from multiple tastings.
- Independence—Leafly expert reviewers are paid by Leafly and are independent. We accept review samples with no promise of coverage. Leafly rating staff cannot accept bribes. We generally pay our own expenses and report on what the readers want to see.