Recipe: How to Make Cannabis Pumpkin Pie (Raw, Vegan, Paleo)
‘Tis the season for pumpkin pie! From as early as September until New Year’s Eve, pumpkin pie reigns supreme among the seasonal dessert selection. What’s extra great about pumpkin pie besides its delectability is how hardy it is. From Costco to Grandma’s homemade, I’m almost always pleased. So naturally, when I find a resilient dish like this, I push it to its limits. Can it taste good and have nutritional value? Everyone likes Oreos, for example, but such is not the case for brussels sprouts.
I give to you a recipe for cannabis-infused raw pumpkin pie that is meat (haha), dairy, and grain-free. Although I wouldn’t tout its nutritional benefits, it should keep things running smoothly in that precious body of yours. And, to make up for any taste degradation or other disappointment attributed to defaming this dessert hero into an uncooked, animal protection weapon, it’s spiced up with cannabis. Consider it a sugar coating.
Recipe for Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Pie (Raw, Vegan, & Paleo)
- 8 servings Cannabis Oil
- 1 1/2 C almonds
- 2/3 C raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/4 C coconut, shredded
- 1-2 tsp vanilla or water
- 2 C pumpkin, cubed
- 3/4 C dates, pitted
- 5 T almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 T cannabis oil + coconut oil, melted
Note: If 8 servings of your medicated oil is less than 4 T, add coconut oil until you have 4 T of oil.
- Food processor
- Pie tin
- Using a food processor, blend the almonds into a flour. Add the raisins. Finish with the coconut and vanilla.
- Add up to a teaspoon of water to adjust the consistency (the mixture should hold when pressed).
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a pie tin.
- Using your blender, combine the pumpkin, almond milk, spices, and vanilla into a liquid. Add the dates. Finish with blending in the oil mixture.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Bon appetit!