95 points out of 100
Price: $51 / eighth
Ooh la la! The crystals on the popular new strain French Laundry will make you throw a Michelin star or two Maven’s way. Dark purple and subtly light green bud interlace with sticky orange hairs under a cotton candy layer of crystal trichomes. Its dominant terpenes are Limonene and Caryophyllene, which offer a savory and sweet combination. The complex, honey-garlic dry hit is an entire meal. These buds are a sight to behold. Almost too pretty to burn. I said…almost.
The San Fernando Valley-based growers at Maven Genetics operate a potent 1,600-light grow and extensive breeding program. The team of friends and legacy cultivators say their 2023 pheno hunt is popping over 140 different flavors. A cross between The Soap and Maven’s in-house cultivar L.A. Rouge, French Laundry is a hit. The hybrid high is well-balanced. You’ll find yourself melodically moving from mystical mellow valleys to transcendent peaks. Let ‘er rip.
Never miss a rating: Subscribe to Leafly Newsletters, and download the Leafly App.
About our ratings
Leafly Ratings’ 100-Point Scale
- 95-100 Perfect: exemplary cannabis
- 90-94 Outstanding: a cannabis product of superior character and style
- 85-89 Very good: a weed with special qualities
- 80-84 Good: a solid, well-made weed
- 75-79 Mediocre: a smokeable weed that may have minor flaws
- 50-74 Not recommended
How we rate
Dried, cured, packaged, and sold buds, reviewed from bag in tastings, are given a single score. We focus on aroma, taste, effect, look, pedigree, cultivation method, and more.
Our editors focus on excellent, widely available ganja at a reasonable price. Special qualities include:
Top-shelf: It ain’t cheap, or necessarily plentiful, but it’s really good. Welcome to the top shelf.
Smart Buys: Fine, affordable, broadly available pot.
Leafly News cannabis ratings and ethics
Leafly News aims to retain and expand its expertise, authority, and trust.
Expertise is built through years of reviews, interviews with growers, visits to weed regions, and accumulated knowledge about cannabis horticulture, flavors, history, and culture. Leafly News’ editors and freelancers have a combined 50 years of experience with cannabis.
We aim to be accurate and independent, with policies including:
- Actual tastings—If we didn’t smoke it, we’re not reviewing it. At Leafly Ratings, all ratings come from multiple tastings.
- Independence—Leafly expert reviewers are paid by Leafly and are independent. We accept review samples with no promise of coverage. Leafly rating staff cannot accept bribes. We generally pay our own expenses and report on what the readers want to see.