Featuring ingredients that naturally benefit from a buttery infusion, these lobster rolls and mash are a utensil-free meal that is ideal for elevating your summertime snacking.
Just don’t forget to clearly label cannabis-infused foods to prevent accidental or unintended consumption, and always be sure to store away from underaged eaters. FIND CANNABIS PRODUCTS NEAR YOU
Missing a Key Ingredient?
FIND CANNABIS PRODUCTS NEAR YOU
How to Make Lobster Roll and Mash
- 6 fingerling potatoes
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo or Maras pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel pollen
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons cannabutter, divided use for poaching
- 1½ pounds cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-size pieces*
- 8 New England style split-top hot dog rolls
*Meat from 8 small cooked lobsters
- Boil unpeeled potatoes in salted water until they are fork tender, 10 to 12 minutes after water boils. Drain well and return to pan. Use fork to coarsely mash. Add Aleppo pepper, fennel pollen, thyme, oregano, dill, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Melt cannabutter in a medium saucepan. Remove and reserve 1 tablespoon cannabutter. To remaining butter in pan, add lobster; let stand, off heat, for 1 minute. Gently mix lobster into potatoes.
- Brush sides of rolls with reserved butter. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add rolls; cook, turning once, until crisp and golden.
- Fill each roll with potato and lobster salad.
Yield: Makes 8 sandwiches, each about 17.2 mg THC based on a 15% strain.
*Tips for Dosing Cannabis Infusions
The potency of your infusions depends on many factors, from how long and hot it was cooked to the potency of your starting material. To test the potency of your finished product, try spreading ¼ or ½ teaspoon on a snack and see how that dose affects you after an hour. Decrease or increase dose as desired. You can then use this personalized “standard” dose as a baseline for your recipes.
Click here for more information on why potency is so difficult to measure in homemade cannabis edibles.