Cannabis-infused mayonnaise is an easily infused emulsion that can be applied to many of your favourite foods. From burgers and BLT sandwiches to deviled eggs, this condiment is versatile. You can even spice up the recipe (if you choose) by adding two finely grated cloves of garlic to the egg yolks before streaming in the oil.
Part 5, Recipe: How to make cannabis-infused mayo
Our recipe is designed to be low dose* (approximately 2mg THC per tablespoon) though the results will depend on the potency of your infusion and can be adjusted accordingly.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1¾ cups canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cannabis-infused canola oil (130mg THC)
- In a food processor, mix together the yolks, mustard, white wine vinegar, and salt until completely smooth
- While the food processor is still running, slowly stream in the oils until you have a smooth and emulsified mayonnaise
- If at any point the mixture looks like it is becoming chunky or is too thick, add a few drops of warm water to the food processor to help maintain the emulsion
Yield: 2 cups mayonnaise
*Tips for Dosing Cannabis Infusions
The potency of your infusions depends on many factors, from how long and hot it was cooked to the potency of your starting material. To test the potency of your finished product, try spreading ¼ or ½ teaspoon on a snack and see how that dose affects you after an hour. Decrease or increase dose as desired. You can then use this personalized “standard” dose as a baseline for your recipes. Click here for more information on why potency is so difficult to measure in homemade cannabis edibles.