Recipe: The Ultimate Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Spice Latte
As fall leaves begin to color the sidewalks in shades of orange and red, we’ve been busy ringing in the season with the coveted pumpkin spice latte. Whether you hate on it in public yet order it in private, or are a loud and proud PSL fanatic at all times, kick everyone’s favorite autumn drink up a notch with a cannabis punch.
Inspired by The Kitchn’s delectable homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe, this cozy coffee drink melds honey-ginger cannabis syrup with rich hot coffee and warm pumpkin flavors. Grab a friend, whip up a pair of PSLs, and sink into the comfort of fall with an elevated touch.
Bonus: If you’re in Washington, California, or Nevada, hunt down Caviar Gold‘s pumpkin spice pre-roll—the Cavi Cone in Pumpkin Spice—and spark one up alongside your latte for the ultimate fall wake and bake.
Cannabis-Infused Pumpkin Spice Latte
Start to finish: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Approximate dosage: 16mg per serving
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cannabis-infused honey ginger simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk (sub with 0–2% milk for a low-cal option)
- ½ cup coffee, brewed at double strength
- Heat the pumpkin and spices in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add black pepper and cook for two minutes or until hot, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Whisk in the milk and vanilla extract and let warm over medium heat, watching carefully to ensure mixture doesn’t boil over.
- Remove from heat. Add cannabis-infused simple syrup immediately and stir thoroughly until syrup has warmed and integrated with the mixture.
- Add milk mixture to blender and blend until frothy.
- Brew coffee at double strength and divide between two mugs, then add the frothed milk. Top with whipped cream if desired and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and/or nutmeg. Enjoy with a friend!
Pro Tip: Replace the brewed coffee with 1–3 shots of espresso, if you have a home espresso maker, for a more authentic latte.