Infuse Your Thanksgiving Leftovers: Mashed Potato Croquettes Fried in Cannabutter
2 large egg yolks
2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
¼ cup finely chopped green onions
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
½ cup finely-grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons cannabutter* (for frying)
4 large eggs
2 cups breadcrumbs
- Mix egg yolks, mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, green onions, and flour in a medium mixing bowl.
- Roll into small 1 ½ inch balls, then if possible, chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Beat eggs in a bowl, and place breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil and cannabutter in a medium pan to medium-high until oil and butter have combined well and are bubbling.
- Dip potato balls in egg, then roll in breadcrumbs until well covered.
- Fry in cannabutter and vegetable oil until golden brown, approx. 4 minutes. Rest on paper towels.
Note: The amount of cannabis butter specified in this recipe is a very loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your cannabutter and the potency you desire. Dosing homemade edibles can be tricky (click here to learn why), so the best way to test for potency is to start with one portion of a serving, wait one to two hours, then make an informed decision on whether to consume more. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.
Check out our other cannabis-infused recipes designed to use up some of your Thanksgiving leftovers!