Move over shower beer, cannabis-infused soap will flatten out those aches. Cannabis topicals are widely reported to be a natural and excellent way to reduce pain, muscle fatigue, and inflammation while soothing skin conditions such as eczema and acne.
When crafting your own soaps, there’s a fun choose-your-own-adventure element to adding the scent and colors of your choice. Lavender oil can relieve stress and anxiety, lemon oil rejuvenates dull skin, while lemongrass oil has antiseptic properties and can strengthen skin tissue—the options and benefits are endless!
Below, make your own cannabis-infused soaps. And don’t forget, topicals are non-intoxicating and will not get you high.
Note: There are two main ways to making soap at home. One is 100% from scratch using lye that you mix yourself. While completely safe with the right gear, lye can be dangerous if handled improperly. The second option involves buying a soap base, melting it down, adding your own scents, colors, and extras (like cannabis oil) before re-molding the soap to the shape of your choice. Soap bases can be found in craft and hobby stores or online.
Start to Finish: 1 hour (active: 15 minutes)
Yields: 10-15 medium bars of soap (depending on size of mold)
- 2 pound brick soap base
- 1 bottle essential oil
- 1 bottle soap colorant or mica powder
- 1 bottle cannabis tincture or cannabis coconut oil
- Soap molds (silicone works best)
- Slice off 2-3 square inches of soap base and place in microwave safe bowl
- Microwave in 30-second increments until thoroughly melted and 100% liquid
- Stir in essential oil and colorant to your smell and color preferences
- Stir in desired amount of cannabis tincture (we recommend 10-15 drops)
- Carefully pour into silicone mold
- Let harden for 30-45 minutes
- Remove from mold and enjoy!