Butter tarts are the quintessential dessert hailing from our Canadian neighbors. They’re as light and buttery as the name suggests, and they have a distinct melt-in-your-mouth texture that’s a huge crowd-pleaser. Break out this infused version of the classic cookie tart at your next 420-friendly gathering—your guests will thank you.
Sativa Butter Tarts
Start to finish: 20 minutes
Yields: 12 tarts
Approximate dosage: 10mg THC per tart*
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 120mg of sativa cannabis tincture*
- 12 pre-baked tart shells
- Combine all ingredients apart from the cannabis tincture. Mix well.
- Fill each tart shell two-thirds full with syrup mixture.
- Measure out 10mg of tincture into each tart, using a small spoon to stir tincture into the syrup. Pro tip: You can also add a pinch of raisins, pecans, or walnuts to each shell, pressing down to submerge them in the syrup.
- Bake on bottom rack in oven at 425°F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
This recipe was developed in partnership with Tilray. Tilray and Leafly are both owned by Privateer Holdings.
*Note: The amount of cannabis tincture specified in this recipe is a loose suggestion; the actual amount you use should be modified based on the strength of your tincture and the potency you desire. Always dose carefully and listen to your body, and never drive under the influence of cannabis.